WFH Desk Essentials!

WFH Desk Essentials!
(Clickable links inserted)
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO MY FIRST BLOG POST! IT MOTIVATED TO QUICKLY POST MY SECOND ONE!

2020 came along and forced us all to re-design our home spaces as home offices. Some of the fortunate ones already had spacious office rooms in their homes, but nevertheless when you are forced to spend time professionally and personally in the same space it becomes essential to mark some boundaries, create a wholesome work environment and maximize your output when you have complete access to your bedroom at all times! 

I know I had to re-purpose my dining space as my home office, and I put in a lot of thought in the set up. I knew that my productivity would take a hit if I just decided to lounge anywhere in the house with my laptop on my lap or a small table. Along with the regular office set up provided by my employer, I made my work desk my own by making sure these essentials were around me all the time. Let me share some of these essentials with you!




💛 JBL Earphones ---> CLICK ME FOR PRODUCT LINK

Truth be told my employer sent me swanky headphones, but with the increase in the number of virtual meetings I found it tough to use them for long hours. It was heavy, uncomfortable and I felt more exhausted coming out of a meeting with the use of those , than the meeting itself! That is when I switched to these earphones. Light weight, in-ear styled and they also came with a microphone. Perfect for meetings! I just plugged them into my laptop, ready to use. No pairing hassles as well! Give it a shot and let me know if they work out for you.



💛 Extended Mouse Pad---> CLICK ME FOR PRODUCT LINK

I know this might sound unnecessary but it has added value to my work desk. Having a large mouse pad gives me more movement in terms of placing my mouse and keyboard set up. Also, it defines my space better, it generates a boundary between my working space and spaces on the table I can use for miscellaneous items. The product linked above comes in different colors and patterns, and you can opt for a popping color to add more life to your desk. It would be important to mention here that I spilled tea on mine a couple of times, but it was super easy to clean, is worth the money and seems long lasting! Have had mine for the past 6 months. 

💛 Planner ---> CLICK ME FOR PRODUCT LINK

I am old school when it comes to notes, planning, lists and what have you. We have our Google Calendars, and Outlook Calendars but there is an old-school appeal in jotting down plans for your day, week or month. I keep my planner at my desk, and my planner has notes with work items and personal tasks. It gives me a good overview of what I have to accomplish in the day both personally and professionally. I LOVE working with my planner, and have had one year after year. I have linked the one I use, and I personally like it because it has a simple UI so to say, and gives you the information at a glance.

💛 To-Do List ---> CLICK ME FOR PRODUCT LINK

Now this guy right here keeps me super super productive. It may seem redundant because I spoke about a "Planner" in the last point, but let me explain 😄 I use a To-Do list at the start of my day, and list down action items from my calendar & my planner for the day. I have noticed that my planner and calendar are many a times cluttered and have a lot more information than I need, to get the job done and this is where my To-Do list comes into picture. 

I also update this To-Do list as I go, either striking off or adding tasks to it that came up through the day and were unplanned.

At the start of the next day, I carry forward points from the previous day that did not get done and go from there. I scrap my previous day's list the moment it has been transferred over. I LOVE using these notepads, colorful and easy to use!


Staged for photography, but these are staple items on my desk!

💛 Personalized Items ---> CLICK ME FOR PRODUCT LINK

Giving your desk a personalized feel is a good idea. You use this space everyday, and when you are sitting at your desk having a rough day, it is essential that it have elements that put you at ease. For me, it is a photo frame with a picture of me and my husband. I totally recommend family photographs! 

Apart from photographs, bobbleheads are soooo adorable. I am a big fan of The Office, and have linked my favorite character's bobble head. Check it out!

Another item that is easy to host on a desk, and does not take up too much space, and is mood lifter, is a plant. These succulents that I found on Amazon are so pretty! I do not currently have any greens on my desk but totally intend to buy these soon. 


I hope that my suggestions help you. These items are essential to me, and make my work life better. They are mood boosters in a way, and mental health is of utmost importance in these unprecedented times, to say the least!

Use my suggestions to give your desk a new feel, or make someone's day by sending them a new item for their work space which will remind them of you!

I would love to hear some of the essentials on your desk. Better yet, let them pictures flow!








Comments

Viv said…
Very helpful tips! Thank you for sharing this experience and adaptation! You have inspired me to organize my desk better.

Popular posts from this blog

Tried Cooking Paneer Kofta Curry!

Guide To A Virtual Birthday Party

Fruitful Distractions While Working From Home!