Fruitful Distractions While Working From Home!

Today, I wanted to share some great distractions to resort to while you are working from home, or you are looking to spend time fruitfully over the internet instead of scrolling and clicking around non-essential information!

While working it is imperative that you navigate away from your spreadsheets, power-points, meeting windows and what have you! I want to list some of the sites that I choose to spend my time on instead of Facebook, Amazon or other sites that may or may not lead to useless expenditure 😂

What I am going to list, floats my boat & serves as a stress buster during my really busy day, and I have only benefited from this list! Let's get right to it.

📈 Morning Brew

I start my day by reading this newsletter that I recently subscribed to (not so recently anymore)! I have been hooked to this perfect-length newsletter that let's me catch up on the highlights of the day! News has never been something I made a point of catching up on, and always relied on social platforms to pop them in my feed, but this newsletter encapsulates everything ( in a really fun, witty language) and let's me catch up on actual news without getting distracted.

It's an awesome daily email that delivers the top business news in a way that's informative and entertaining. Best of all, it only takes 5 minutes to read each morning or between meetings as a break.
They also have a bunch of other newsletter topics ( retail, marketing, emerging tech) if that interests you!



I am an ardent fan of " THE OFFICE" ! I was naturally thrilled when this podcast went on air. When you love a show as much as I enjoy The Office, you obviously want to know more gossip, behind the scenes fun, random trivia, or even the significance of your favorite episode and how that much creativity got conceived on paper.

Angela and Pam walk us through episode by episode, interview guests and other actors of the show and keep us entertained! I simply open up this tab on my browser, let the podcast run in the background while I work away. A stress buster and entertaining podcast & something I guess is now becoming a norm (a virtual, e-books and podcasts era!). 

I find the podcasts rather long, but you can of course listen to them in parts, skip forward or simply turn them off when you have had your dose!

💕Pinterest 

I don't think I need to educate too many people on Pinterest at this point, maybe?

Love what this site offers! Quirky, fun, colorful, educative, an idea churning machine to be honest! I always gain more creative knowledge when I browse this site. I create boards, save pins, and always go back to them at a later time to browse in peace. This is such a fun break from my work screens, and always leaves me refreshed, if not with a new DIY idea at the back of my mind 😃 

Check out my boards for some fun pins I saved.

💭Quora

I have been a Quora user since a long, long time. Quora offers an educative break from work, and you can catch up on quirky, educative or creative topics, whatever grips you. The question and answer format is quite a different format from all the other social media sites that you may usually surf on.

I have always found this site entertaining, and I always spend way too much time on this site than I intend to. Of course that is why you have work meetings 😅 , to pull you back to more serious stuff!


💻LinkedIn

I don't know if my last recommendation will come as a joke to some, or as a 'not-such-a-new-suggestion' to some! Nevertheless, I am active on LinkedIn through my work day, browsing interesting articles, connecting with accomplished individuals to get inspired or to follow their work. 

I usually spend time finding resources that can add value to my professional profile, hunting down great volunteering opportunities, or simply helping students out with pointers I would have cherished back in the day!

Well, that brings me to the end of my work day! Haha!

I hope that you benefit from my insight and try out some of the recommended Fruitful Distractions during your workday!


Check out my other blogs if you have not already !




2-Player Board Games (My most viewed blog!!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tried Cooking Paneer Kofta Curry!

Guide To A Virtual Birthday Party