2 Player Board Games!

2 Player Bored Games!
(Clickable links inserted)

This quarantine would not be complete if it was not for the abundance of board games that I have indulged in over the years. I am writing this blog today aimed specifically at 2 player board games because I know, just like me, there might be many who are in lockdown with just their significant other and need creative ways of spending time together. This blog will also help parents looking for ways to get their kids to spend time together and not bringing down the house with ruckus. 

The recommendations below come to you straight from experience, and I fully endorse these games because of how quick, competitive & fun they can be to spend time with your partner and are also kid friendly. Of course some of these games extend to more than just two players, and are a great buy for when things return to normal, or if you are a large family!

I intend to write about multiplayer board games soon, and if you would like to hear my suggestions please do leave a comment! 

Let's get rolling!

Straight from my bed-side!


💜Jaipur << Click me for product link

This card game was a great recommendation from a close friend of mine. Once I got my hands on this game, me and my husband played it often because it lasts under 30 mins, is strategic in a way, and very easy to follow. 

The aim of this game is to collect & trade cards for tokens that contain points. Some tokens have points that are not revealed to the end of the game, so it keeps you motivated to keep collecting & strategizing. Along with collecting cards for yourself to trade for tokens, you need to keep an eye on your partner and what cards he is picking up so as to beat them to the win! The player with the most points wins!

It's called Jaipur because of the camel cards I suppose 😊

Great for : 2 Players
Age : 12+
Game Time : 30 mins

💜 Dominion << Click me for product link

Another card game that I absolutely love playing is Dominion. The sole reason I recommend this buy is because the game set up can be new every single time, and the entire flavor of the game changes. You strategize different, different cards become important each time you play this, and the cards in this game have certain powers, which are fun to attack your opponent with to decrease their points! Bonus - this also lasts up to 30 mins.

Dominion has multiple expansion sets which you can purchase if you love this game. The one I have linked is a base set, complete as it comes, and ready to be played with!

Great for : 2-4 Players
Age : 13+
Game Time : 30 mins

💜 Azul << Click me for product link

My next recommendation comes as something I myself bought and played during this lockdown period, and I enjoyed the newness of this game in terms of it being played on a board with some super cute, and colorful tiles as against dice, cards or tokens. The colorful packaging ( and of course the great reviews!) prompted me to try this game and it turns out I am now recommending it!

Azul is a strategy game that involves collecting tiles and building a sequence of those tiles before your opponent can. Placing & collecting these tiles is governed by rules, and truth be told, the first time I was laying this game out, it took me a while to get the gist of the rules! After that it was smooth sailing!

Great for : 2-4 Players
Age : 8+
Game Time : 30-45 mins

💜 Sequence << Click me for product link

The reason this recommendation is a win because this game can be played with not just 2 players but up to 12 players, making this a great buy! In a fun face off with your opponent, you need to beat them to making a sequence of your color tokens on the board. Placing these tokens on the board is determined by the cards in your hand!

Great for : 2-12 Players
Age : 7+
Game Time : 30-45 mins

💜 Scrabble << Click me for product link

A personal favorite since I was a kid. Multiple online versions of this game exist of course, but the old school charm of laying down letter tiles on a board to form large words and score points to win is peerless.

Great for : 2-4 Players
Age : 8+




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tried Cooking Paneer Kofta Curry!

Guide To A Virtual Birthday Party

Fruitful Distractions While Working From Home!